$14.90 SGD $16.50 SGD
Transport yourself to the Caribbean beaches with one of the natural Wonders of Barbados. Grapefruit Essential Oil exhilarates and renews your mind, body and soul.
Also known as Citrus racemosa, Grapefruits have a fresh & tangy flavour with fragrant and refreshing odour. Grapefruit has become a popular & well recognised essential oil for its wide range of benefits that support your overall well-being.
Grapefruit is a native of the tropical Caribbean islands and is a natural hybrid of two commonly known citrus fruits - Indonesian Pomelo and Jamaican Sweet Orange. This sweet-tasting citrus fruit grows in grape-like bunches, earning 'Grapefruit' its English name.
Grapefruits were first officially recorded in 1750 in Barbados - their unique appearance and flavour earned them the nickname “Forbidden Fruit”. They are also called Citrus paradisi, after the idyllic paradise of their homeland.
Like all other citrus oils, Grapefruit Essential Oil has a naturally energetic and refreshing aroma. The essential oil is cold-pressed out of the thick rind, ensuring its purity and quality.
Being an astringent, Grapefruit Essential Oil clarifies oily, clogged skin. Being rich in antioxidants, this oil helps reduce damage from environmental stressors such as UV exposure and pollution.
Grapefruit Essential Oil has a bracing, euphoric scent that is instantly iconic and recognizable. Its fresh and uplifting scent has a wide range of mood-elevating effects - from calming down an overstimulated mind to balancing moods when one’s spirit is low.
● Botanical Name: Citrus racemosa
● Family: Rutaceae
● Aroma: Sweet, Refreshing, Citrusy
● Plant part: Fruit Peel
● Note Classification: Top
● Extraction: Cold pressed
● Appearance: Pale yellow to greenish yellow liquid
● Usage: Aromatherapy and topical applications
● Grapefruit Essential Oil is non-toxic; however, it may cause skin irritation in some people
● Grapefruit Essential Oil can be phototoxic and topical application should be avoided prior to exposure to direct sunlight.
● In general, essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care.
● Not for internal use, except if directed by an expert or a qualified practitioner.
● If pregnant, lactating or under any medication, consult your physician before use.
● Never use undiluted essential oils near eyes or mucous membranes.
● If using essential oils directly on the skin, always dilute with an appropriate carrier oil and perform a patch test.
● Store in a dark, cool and dry place,
● Keep out of reach of children.
Grapefruit Oil can be added directly to your diffuser (3 to 5 drops per 100 mL of water) to promote a refreshing and invigorating atmosphere.
Diluted with a neutral carrier oil, the benefits of Grapefruit Oil are more than skin deep. For instance, its anti-inflammatory properties make it an effective & soothing massage oil.
Blends well with Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium & Lavender essential oils.
Since Grapefruit Essential Oil has such a naturally potent and refreshing scent, it acts as a clean, plant-based deodorizer.
Make your own car air freshener with a few drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil on a felt ball attached to a string - simply add a couple of drops of oil on the ball and tie it to your rearview mirror.
Yes! Diluted in your favourite carrier oil, Grapefruit Essential Oil is a great choice for massage oil. Not only does a good massage help healthy blood flow, using this oil may help in soothing aching muscles after a good workout due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Yes! Grapefruit's astringent properties are perfect for clarifying oily scalps and keeping your hair non-greasy, shiny and healthy-looking. Create your own DIY hair serum by diluting Grapefruit Essential Oil with an oil such as Argan Oil. This bespoke blend can be sparingly massaged into towel-dried hair from your scalp to your ends for glossy, frizz-free hair.